Business Banker II
1. Service and administer assigned business loans in accordance with the Loan Policy and Guidelines.
2. Interview loan applicants, and collect and analyze financial and related data to formulate proposals for existing and prospective clients.
3. Establish and negotiate where necessary the terms under which a business banking relationship will be extended including the costs, repayment method, schedule, and collateral requirements, and include all documentation according to the Loan Policy and Guidelines. At various times, administer REDIFund Loans, SBA Loans, RD guaranteed loans, etc.
4. Develop new relationships by contacting prospects and clients while making sound decisions and exhibiting good credit judgment. On an ongoing basis, consider the level of risk of each loan in the portfolio and assign the corresponding risk-rating to the loan.
5. Underwrite Business Credit Card applications in accordance with established Business Credit Card underwriting guidelines to ensure proper documentation and approval levels are met.
6. Utilize reasonable efforts on the collection of loans extended using any legal means as outlined in the Loan Policy and Guidelines.
7. Establish, develop, and maintain an effective working relationship with the Business Solutions Department to cross-sell products and services to new and existing clients.
8. Review and discuss with business loan clients concerning various financial needs, cross-sell products, and answer clients’ questions about existing bank policies and procedures. Keep abreast of trends that may impact the bank's clients including legal, regulatory, and economic issues.
9. Counsel with the Business Banking Department Manager on all matters pertinent to the operations of the Business Banking Department.
10. Attend all loan meetings as directed by the Business Banking Department Manager to participate in decisions that affect ongoing and future operations of the Business Banking Department.
11. Represent the bank at community activities including business, charitable, civic, and social events. Maintain a proper, responsible citizen stature as a representative of the bank.
12. Act as a resource to others in the Business Banking Department in regards to overall banking questions including regulations, procedures, and guidelines.
13. Act in accordance with FFC policies and procedures as set forth in the employee handbook.
14. Adhere to compliance procedures and participate in required compliance training.
EOE/AA/Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity