Deposit Operations Specialist
1. Process non-sufficient funds exception items for all charters. Work with officers; assist with and recommend proper payment according to rules and regulations. Process and transmit Fed Returns files to Federal Reserve Bank (FED). Print and mail all non-sufficient funds and chargeback notices to customers following check 21 procedures. Build and send electronic notices.
2. Download and process Fed Returns Receipt files, and research and reconcile all DDA and SAV items in an un-posted status according to established procedures. Recognize and alert officers to potential payment issues or patterns believed to be suspect.
3. Receive, process, and reconcile all check 21 image files to include teller capture, remote deposit capture, mobile deposit capture, and incoming Fed Receipt files Transmit balanced image files to the core system and the FED in accordance with department procedures. Investigate missing, deleted, or duplicate items to ensure customer transactions are accurate. Work with appropriate areas to resolve any discrepancies.
4. Process lock box payments and verify acceptance according to customer instructions. Process Proof of Deposit Error requests and FED Adjustments. Perform Quality Review, process department emails, update department procedures, and process exception reports.
5. Perform quality analysis on all Stop Payments/Holds placed on system by retail staff. Review generated reports and communicate discrepancies with frontline staff to ensure accuracy and correct posting or return to eliminate potential loss. Monitor retention of Stop Payments and Holds according to Reg CC rules, NACHA/UMACHA rules, and department procedures for audit and exam purposes.
6. Perform end of day and start of day processes in the proof of deposit imaging platform. Some evenings may be required to ensure core system end of day processing is completed on a nightly basis. Identify errors and work with third-party vendors to correct any issues. Communicate any outstanding issues to internal support departments for resolution.
7. Act as a resource for internal and external customers across the organization in regards to deposit accounting functions and applicable regulations. Respond to customer inquiries and requests in a timely manner; assisting frontline staff promptly to expedite resolutions to customer issues.
8. Work with internal System Support staff to identify system anomalies and network issues to prevent or minimize system downtime.
9. Act in accordance with FFC policies and procedures as set forth in the employee handbook.
10. Adhere to compliance procedures and participate in required compliance training.
EOE/AA/Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity