Mortgage Loan Officer II
1. Seek, identify and solicit desirable mortgage loan customers in order to achieve
maximum profitability, with minimum risk to the Bank.
2. Interview mortgage loan applicants in order to assemble the information needed to make
a credit decision. Assist customers in the application process and answer inquiries about
the mortgage loan process and/or bank policies and procedures. Determine credit
worthiness of applicants by analyzing credit information and appraisals and submit the
file to a bank underwriter for processing to the secondary market.
3. Close each mortgage loan in accordance with Loan Policies and Guidelines and Industry Standards to insure the accuracy and completeness of loan documentation.
4. Ensure the complete collection of all loans extended by monitoring past due reports and following through on collection efforts, using all legal means as required by Loan Policies and Guidelines.
5. Remain current on industry products and developments, ensuring the Bank’s ongoing competitive advantage. Be able to present the benefits of each product to best meet the customer’s need.
6. Provide ongoing customer service to ensure customer retention and continued cross selling. Establish a deposit goal and strive to meet or exceed that figure.
7. Attend all loan meetings as deemed appropriate or directed by the VP to participate in decisions, which affect ongoing and future operations of the loan function.
8. Provide guidance and assistance to the other Mortgage Department Staff.
9. Act in accordance with FFC policies and procedures as set forth in the employee handbook.
10. Adhere to compliance procedures and participate in required compliance training.
11. Responsible for the accounts payable function, which includes the timely and accurate signing off and approving the payment of invoices.
EOE/AA/Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity