1. Plan and manage all functions relating to systems integration, systems administration, and help desk support throughout the corporation, and ensure all operations are conducted efficiently and effectively. Aggressively drive to leverage platforms and architecture across product lines within the business units and across the company.
2. Plan and manage all functions relating to the network, data centers, and server infrastructure throughout the corporation, and ensure all operations are conducted efficiently and effectively.
3. Supervise assigned staff and ensure they are trained, evaluated, and motivated to perform their responsibilities in an effective manner. Create and leverage a highly capable team, actively developing and deploying talent to ensure top-quality solutions are developed for implementation in the organization.
4. Direct staff to provide the servicing for inquiries received via multiple channels from internal and external users. Analyze inquiries and assign them to the appropriate internal resources. Review all inquiries to ensure that proper follow-up and closure have been accomplished. Escalate with vendors if resolutions are not being found in a timely manner. Ensure users/customers are provided professional, courteous, and timely support and service.
5. Work closely with the executive management team to align company information technology with the strategic direction of the organization. As a member of the IT management team, help drive strategy by providing input on decisions for the company with regard to technology standards, policies, and procedures. Assist CTO with strategic decisions.
6. Assist in Planning and management of all functions relating to technology security within FFC. Assist in developing policies, best practices, and perform risk assessments to help maintain a rigid security posture within the organization. Oversee implementation of security best practices, security training, and report to ITS Security committee and FFOG on the progress and concerns of ongoing projects.
7. Ensure that the corporation’s security devices are configured to provide the highest level of functionality to the users while adhering to the security policies and guidelines established by the corporation and industry best practices.
8. Direct implementation and execution of new/upgraded information systems via well-defined plans, including procedures, deadlines, and accountability for maximum efficiency and cost containment. Develop planning and implementation schedules, and manage the project team, external consultants, and vendors during projects.
9. Evaluate and define process improvements to enhance workflow that increases the efficient use of end-user resources utilizing existing systems or utilizing new technologies.
10. Lead implementation of cost-effective technology strategies that are aligned with and directly drive the company’s long-term growth objectives.
11. Conduct comprehensive technology due diligence on potential acquisitions, and determine appropriate integration strategies. Recommend and plan information technology to support and meet company objectives based on research and evaluation.
12. Aggressively drive to leverage platforms and architecture across product lines within the business units of and across the company.
13. Keep current on industry trends and advances in technology relating to the use of systems and technology in the financial industry. Make recommendations on the use of these advances.
14. Provide service-delivery and board reporting to FFC management on a monthly basis. Participate on corporate committees and taskforces where appropriate.
15. Adhere to compliance procedures and participate in required compliance training.
16. Act in accordance with FFC policies and procedures as established and set forth in employee handbook.
EOE/AA/Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity