Wire Desk Supervisor
1. Plan, supervise, and direct staff, ensuring all processes are conducted efficiently and effectively and all assigned staff are trained, evaluated, and motivated to perform their responsibilities in an effective manner.
2. Research and respond to any escalated inquiries from external customers or bank employees on a timely basis to resolve needs and ensure customer satisfaction.
3. Direct the planning, development, and implementation of policies, procedures, and operational systems relating to wire transfers to ensure efficient and accurate transmission while mitigating risk exposure to fraudulent activity and adhering to banking regulations.
4. Maintain Retail procedures for wire transfers, and make prompt communication to frontline staff to ensure they are sufficiently trained to carry out those procedures. Maintain accurate records of frontline staff performance in keeping with written procedures.
5. Manage all security features of wire transfer operations, including customer identification, information verification, and confidentiality requirements, including fraud detection and prevention. Determine the risk associated with improper or suspicious transactions, and initiate appropriate action. Ensure that Wire Desk staff is trained on necessary steps to neutralize fraudulent attempts within wire transfer operations. Assist Fraud team with any necessary prevention measures, and participate in annual Fraud training.
6. Analyze the Federal Reserve requirement amounts needed. Train and assist Wire Desk staff in monitoring accuracy of balance. Specific methods include, but are not limited to, use of the Fed Projections spreadsheet and related Excel spreadsheets, Wire Daily Balancing report, completed as needed throughout each day and at the close of business.
7. Prepare, maintain, and validate a variety of reports regarding wire transfer activities, including, but not limited to, number of domestic and foreign wire transactions by bank, live wire reports using Business Intelligence queries against JHA database, and expectation reporting on demand for management.
8. Ensure that proper wire agreements are completed and that all current regulations are complied with, limiting the bank’s risk exposure.
9. Establish and maintain relationships with correspondent service providers (Swift, UBB, American Express) via direct contact and/or coordination with contact officers to enhance the Wire Desk process with the inclusion of wires denominated in foreign currencies.
10. Manage the entering of accurate Fed Cash orders or deposit information for the Federal Reserve on behalf of the bank locations.
11. Act in accordance with FFC policies and procedures as set forth in the employee handbook.
12. Adhere to compliance procedures and participate in required compliance training.
EOE/AA/Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity