July 22, 2022
Location: Brookings, SD
This person works as part of an autonomous team and performs a wide variety of duties related to deposit and payment transactions for First Bank & Trust. This includes processing, exceptions, reconciliation, research, maintenance and support for both internal and external customers. This person may be required to work in the
This person should have an Associate’s degree in a business-related field and one year of bank-related experience or the equivalent. Above average customer service skills and the abilit yto work independently, as well as part of a team, to complete a variety of tasks while meeting deadlines. This person should have an aptitude for detail and accuracy and possess problem solving skills.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES ARE TO:
1. Process ACH and/or Check 21 files with accuracy and attention to detail, as well as understand how the ACH and Check networks operate. Follow the appropriate Rules and Regulations related to file processing and possible exceptions to ensure completion within the appropriate timeframes. Respond to research and maintenance requests promptly.
2. Perform quality checks of all critical, key daily functions within the department and respond to department emails as appropriate. Assist in reviewing, maintaining, and updating department procedures annually, at a minimum. Strengthen team dynamics by participating in cross-training efforts as needed.
3. Be engaged with Continuous Improvement initiatives to contribute to process improvements, operational efficiencies, and superior customer service.
4. Keep Support Analysts and Supervisor informed of trending issues to be further researched; they are also your contact point for escalated situations.
5. Act as a resource for internal and external customers across the organization, regarding deposit accounting functions and applicable regulations. Respond to customer inquiries and requests in a timely manner; assisting frontline staff promptly to expedite resolutions to customer issues.
6. Contribute to and support Operational programs. Be familiar with and practice the “Be the 1” principles. Actively pursue developmental opportunities as discussed in one-on-ones and/or annual performance reviews.
7. Comply with laws, regulations, and policies that impact the business, keeping the supervisor and department manager apprised of potential issues or areas of concern.
8. Act in accordance with FBT policies and procedures as set forth in the employee handbook.
9. Adhere to compliance procedures and participate in required compliance training.
First Bank & Trust is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Read our complete Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement. Applicants who would like to request reasonable accommodation to the application or interview process should call Human Resources at 800.843.1552 or email email@example.com.