May 9, 2022
Location: Brookings, SD
This person will be fairly independent in their role and requires self-initiative and self-motivation to complete work. This individual would become a subject matter expert in a wide variety of duties related to deposit and payment transactions for First Bank & Trust. This person assists in corporate and departmental projects, trains others as appropriate and serves in a back-up capacity within the department as needed to ensure daily processes are completed.
This person should have a bachelor’s degree and three years of banking experience, preferably in banking operations, or the equivalent. Ideal candidate would have experience as a Banking Operations Specialist or have equivalent work history. This person must be able to work independently and handle multiple assignments simultaneously. This person must be able to make sound judgements in the absence of supervisor.
1. Be a resource and subject-matter expert for various areas within the department including, but not limited to, debit and credit card portfolio systems, checks, ATMs, Account Analysis and ACH.
2. Lead the work efforts around the processing for compromised cards (CAMS) notifications and completing necessary maintenance.
3. Become a designated Foxtrot Script writer to help in own department as well as others.
4. Engage in Continuous Improvement leadership opportunities, while contributing to process improvements, operational efficiencies, and providing superior customer service. Document standard practices, and accurately track and record any testing or implemented ideas.
5. Monitor and maintain Debit/Credit card inventory for all bank locations.
6. Attend educational/informational webinars and review electronic bulletins to keep apprised of changes in the card, ACH and/or check industry. Relay this information to other departments as necessary.
7. Mentor Banking Operations staff as appropriate and in the absence of supervisor. Be a positive leader for the department and the organization.
8. Respond timely and provide completed research requests to various inquiries by phone, in writing, and/or in person. Complete work by determining priorities, analyzing alternatives and selecting applicable methods and procedures for completion with little supervision.
9. Communicate with and/or meet with vendors as appropriate to keep communication lines open, as well as resolve any customer impacting issues. Assist in identifying critical points of possible customer impact and provide recommendations on how to improve the process.
10. Comply with laws, regulations, and policies that impact the business, keeping supervisor apprised of potential issues or areas of concern. Assist in identifying critical points of possible failure and identify options on how to limit exposure to failure. If/when systemic risks are identified, report them timely to the appropriate person(s).
11. Act in accordance with FBT policies and procedures as set forth in the employee handbook.
12. Adhere to compliance procedures and participate in required compliance training.
First Bank & Trust is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Read our complete Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement. Applicants who would like to request reasonable accommodation to the application or interview process should call Human Resources at 800.843.1552 or email email@example.com.