May 27, 2021
Location: New Prague, MN
This person underwrites, services, and develops business loan relationships in a profitable manner while minimizing risk. Emphasis is placed on credit quality, loan performance, and client profitability.
This person should have a bachelor's degree and a minimum of two years of related experience or the equivalent. Experience in loan documentation, loan file compliance, and credit analysis, as well as an in-depth understanding of business and personal financial concepts, is recommended. This person must possess good communication, marketing, sales, and negotiation skills.
- Service and administer assigned business loans in accordance with the Loan Policy and Guidelines.
- Interview loan applicants, and collect and analyze financial and related data to formulate proposals for existing and prospective clients.
- Establish and negotiate where necessary the terms under which a business banking relationship will be extended, including the costs, repayment method, schedule, and collateral requirements, and include all documentation according to the Loan Policy and Guidelines.
- Develop new relationships by contacting prospects and clients while making sound decisions and exhibiting good credit judgment. On an ongoing basis, consider the level of risk in each loan in the portfolio and assign the corresponding risk rating to the loan.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of Business Solutions products and services. Develop and maintain effective working relationships between the Business Solutions Department and the Business Banking Department to promote cross-selling of products and services.
- Underwrite Business Credit Card applications in accordance with established Business Credit Card underwriting guidelines to ensure proper documentation and approval levels are met.
- Utilize reasonable efforts on the collection of loans extended using any legal means as outlined in the Loan Policy and Guidelines.
- Review and discuss with business loan clients concerning various financial needs, cross-sell products, and answer clients’ questions about bank policies and procedures. Keep abreast of trends that may impact the bank's clients, including legal, regulatory, and economic issues.
- Counsel with the Business Banking Department Manager on all matters pertinent to the operations of the Business Banking Department.
- Attend all loan meetings as directed by the Business Banking Department Manager to participate in decisions that affect ongoing and future operations of the Business Banking Department.
- Act in accordance with FBT policies and procedures as set forth in the employee handbook.
- Adhere to compliance procedures and participate in required compliance training.
First Bank & Trust is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Read our complete Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement. Applicants who would like to request reasonable accommodation to the application or interview process should call Human Resources at 800.843.1552 or email email@example.com.