July 13, 2022
Location: Roseville, MN
This person underwrites, services, and develops the larger and more complex business loan relationships in a profitable manner while minimizing risk. Emphasis is placed on credit quality, loan performance, and client profitability.
This person should have a bachelor's degree and a minimum of seven years of experience in business lending or the equivalent. This person should have strong experience in loan documentation, loan file compliance, credit/financial analysis, and workout strategies. This person must possess good communication, marketing, sales, and negotiation skills.
- Service and administer assigned business loans in accordance with the Loan Policy and Guidelines.
- Interview loan applicants, and collect and analyze financial and related data to formulate proposals for existing and prospective clients.
- Establish and negotiate where necessary the terms under which a business banking relationship will be extended including the costs, repayment method, schedule, and collateral requirements, and include all documentation according to the Loan Policy and Guidelines.
- Develop new relationships by contacting prospects and clients while making sound decisions and exhibiting good credit judgment. On an ongoing basis, consider the level of risk of each loan in the portfolio and assign the corresponding risk-rating to the loan.
- Underwrite Business Credit Card applications in accordance with established Business Credit Card underwriting guidelines to ensure proper documentation and approval levels are met.
- Utilize reasonable efforts on the collection of loans extended using any legal means as outlined in the Loan Policy and Guidelines.
- Establish, develop, and maintain an effective working relationship with the Business
Solutions Department to cross-sell products and services to new and existing clients.
- Review and discuss with business loan clients concerning various financial needs, crosssell
products, and answer clients’ questions about existing bank policies and procedures.
Keep abreast of trends that may impact the bank's clients including legal, regulatory, and
- Counsel with the Business Banking Department Manager on all matters pertinent to the
operations of the Business Banking Department.
- Attend all loan meetings as directed by the Business Banking Department Manager to
participate in decisions that affect ongoing and future operations of the Business Banking
- Represent the bank at community activities including business, charitable, civic, and
social events. Maintain a proper, responsible citizen stature as a representative of the
- Act as a resource to others in the Business Banking Department in regards to overall
banking questions including regulations, procedures, and guidelines.
- Act in accordance with FBT policies and procedures as set forth in the employee
- Adhere to compliance procedures and participate in required compliance training.
First Bank & Trust is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Read our complete Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement. Applicants who would like to request reasonable accommodation to the application or interview process should call Human Resources at 800.843.1552 or email email@example.com.