August 23, 2022
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
This person is responsible for the sale of services offered by Business Solutions. This person will work closely with Business Bank Officers to offer business services and products while negotiating within established guidelines.
This person should have a bachelor’s degree in a business related field and/or five years of bank related experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of banking regulations is required. It is necessary that this person maintain a high standard of personal representation; representing the bank and corporation in a professional manner at all times. This person must also work independently and possess excellent communication skills. Effective sales skills are required while working in a team atmosphere.
1. Initiate outbound sales calls to new and existing business customers by responding to inbound inquiries and bank referrals. Interview potential business customers to collect financial and related information in order to execute the proper analysis and structure of the needed Business Solutions service suitable for their business including; Business Online Banking, ACH Origination, Wires, eDeposit, Account Analysis, Payment/Merchant Services and Business Credit and Debit Cards. Schedule on-site appointments with business customers, including Bank Officer if requested, for demonstrations or presentations as needed/requested. Travel regularly in the local area.
2. Negotiate, where necessary, the terms under which the Business Solutions services will be extended, in accordance with existing bank policies and procedures, securing Business Banking officer approval before the final sale is completed.
3. Establish, develop, and maintain relationships with Business Banking officers and internal bank staff to actively promote sales opportunities, exchange information and expand existing customer relationships. Effectively communicate with Business Bank Officers keeping them informed of customer requests and concerns.
4. Analyze and compare current customer account statements, merchant services statements, and business services used by the business customer at another bank; looking for cost effectiveness and potential sales opportunity with business services offered by First Bank &
Trust. Complete Request for Proposal (RFP) documents as requested by business customers and Business Bank Officers.
5. Initiate outbound calls to business customers after training and installation is completed to verify intended results, guarantee customer satisfaction while determining further customer need. Facilitate resolution of in-depth customer questions or issues by routing and following up to appropriate personnel or department.
6. Demonstrate full knowledge of Business Solutions products and services along with relevant selling points and benefits, attending applicable training sessions supplied by vendors and other professional organizations. Stay abreast of industry trends which may impact Business Solutions services, including legal, regulatory and economic issues which may impact the business customer and/or the bank.
7. Consult with Manager to develop sales strategy for growth opportunities, while providing a weekly schedule of planned activities and appointments. Achieve sales activities within specified time scales as directed.
8. Act in accordance with FFC policies and procedures as set forth in the employee handbook.
9. Adhere to compliance procedures and participate in required compliance training.
First Bank & Trust is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Read our complete Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement(Opens in a new Window). Applicants who would like to request reasonable accommodation to the application or interview process should call Human Resources at 800.843.1552 or email email@example.com.