October 12, 2023
Location: Sioux Falls, SD or Brookings, SD or Edina, MN or Roseville, MN
This is a senior role responsible for managing the overall asset quality of organization, including the factoring division. This individual must build, lead, and motivate staff to perform in a manner that is consistent with the vision and objectives of the organization.
QualificationsThis person should have a bachelor's degree, plus ten years of progressive experience in bank lending, or the equivalent. Must have demonstrated skills in underwriting loans, managing large credits, loan structuring, loan workouts, loan operations and servicing, as well as regulatory requirements.
1. Lead the team and develop an atmosphere of teamwork, open communication and unity. Provide oversight of all services offered. Actively mentor staff and ensure they are trained, evaluated, and motivated to perform their responsibilities in an effective and progressive manner.
2. Manage the overall direction of credit administration, including quality control, loan operations and loan servicing. Ensuring all activities are conducted efficiently and effectively and all staff are held accountable to perform their responsibilities, while supporting business partners.
3. Provide support and guidance to the bank presidents and loan officers on credit related issues, focusing on asset quality. Serve as a resource person for others, including Regional Credit Managers and, on occasion, customers, regarding application or interpretation of any Policies and Guidelines. This includes providing appropriate management of credits that represent current or potential risk exposure.
4. Actively seek out and engage in technology to assist in streamlining processes. Act as a lead on identified new systems, processes.
5. Act as chairperson of the Executive Credit Committee, reviewing large loan requests as directed by the Loan Policy and Guidelines. Serve as the chairperson of the Loan Treasury Committee, setting loan rates throughout the organization.
6. Oversee the Allowance for Credit Losses (ACL) levels at the banks and ensure calculations are performed in accordance with applicable regulations.
7. Responsible for the correction of all deficiencies noted in the internal and external audits and regulatory examinations. Determine and monitor concentration limits within the loan portfolio.
8. Keep abreast of all laws and regulations that impact the Company's lending & factoring activities. Ensure Loan Policy and Guidelines are maintained in a manner that all business loans and factoring are in compliance with the applicable laws and regulations.
9. Be an active member of the Executive Committee. Responsible for planning and establishing broad overall policies, philosophies, and strategies to attain current and long-range goals and objectives for the organization.
10. Act in accordance with FBT policies and procedures as set forth in the employee handbook.
- Adhere to compliance procedures and participate in required compliance training.
First Bank & Trust is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Read our complete Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement(Opens in a new Window). Applicants who would like to request reasonable accommodation to the application or interview process should call Human Resources at 800.843.1552 or email email@example.com.