February 2, 2023
Location: Brookings, SD or Sioux Falls, SD or New Prague, MN Edina, MN or Roseville, MN
This person performs periodic reviews of each business unit’s activities related to compliance with all applicable laws and regulations based on an established compliance program. This individual facilitates risk assessments and pending regulatory guidance. This person also reviews marketing materials to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, provides compliance support throughout the organization, and conducts compliance training sessions for small and large groups.
This person should have a bachelor’s degree and five years of experience as a compliance professional or experience in dealing with risk in other areas of banking or the equivalent. An above average knowledge in traditional and non-traditional bank products is required. In addition, this individual should have a compliance certification from at least one bank trade association. Strong written and verbal communication skills are required along with strong analytical and problem-solving skills. This individual should have an above average knowledge of Microsoft Office.
1. Monitor new and pending changes to laws, regulations, and regulatory guidance documents that may impact the organization, and assist in the implementation of new requirements.
2. Complete risk assessment(s) and serve as a compliance resource on projects during the implementation of new products, processes, and services, including review and implementation of new or enhanced policies and procedures.
3. Facilitate, maintains, and enhance, as needed, a comprehensive, risk-based compliance training program for new and existing employees.
4. Recommend enhancements and changes to the compliance program to ensure effectiveness.
5. Acts as a resource, instructor, and mentor for the education and development of Compliance Specialists and Compliance Officers, as required.
6. Plan and conduct compliance reviews within established timeframes, ensuring all reviews conform to regulation as well as established departmental policies and procedures. Prepare
working papers and detailed reporting of findings and recommendations. Ensure corrective action is taken.
7. Provide guidance regarding compliance-related issues, including researching and collaborating with internal and external compliance resources as appropriate.
8. Review proposed marketing materials for approval, ensuring compliance and risk factors are adequately addressed.
9. Interact with Management in coordinating appropriate responses to identified compliance risk concerns within the organization.
10. Resolve consumer complaints.
11. Act in accordance with FBT policies and procedures as set forth in the employee handbook.
12. Adhere to compliance procedures and participate in required compliance training.