February 2, 2023
Location: Brookings, SD or Sioux Falls, SD or Roseville, MN or Edina, MN
This individual will provide onboarding and development training to staff across the credit platform as well as perform credit underwriting. The role will support multiple positions from loan origination to fulfilment. This will be in addition to the required training and materials delivered by corporate facilitators. Curriculum will be provided in a variety of mediums to include written, classroom style, virtual and on demand. Credit training will be provided on a one-on-one and small group basis.
QualificationsThis person should have a minimum of a bachelor's degree, plus seven years of work-related experience or the equivalent. A strong business acumen and highly developed analytical skills are required. Must be a results-oriented individual who can develop and manage relationships with a variety of partners across the company based on trust, teamwork, and subject matter expertise. Experience in agricultural underwriting preferred.
1. Drive consistency, accuracy, and adherence to Loan guidelines in underwriting through training staff.
2.Be the subject matter training expert in the areas of:
- Software to process a loan from application to fulfillment
- Assessing creditworthiness of borrowers by utilizing financial analysis of business and individuals.
- Preparing credit approval memos
- Risk identification and mitigation of loans
- Collateral analysis
- Appropriate loan structuring and monitoring
- Loan documentation
- Preparation of concise credit presentations for approval process.
3. Assess/implement new and innovative training materials to further enhance credit skills for the organization, recognizing the needs of the individuals, as well as the teams.
4. Collaborate with internal and external experts to develop/provide current and relevant training to meet the needs of staff to position organization for success.
5. Serve as the central point of contact for credit related training opportunities both for new hires and existing staff.
6. Provide feedback to managers in support of employee’s understanding of the credit process.
7. Perform commercial credit underwriting in accordance with First Bank and Trust standards and procedures.
8. Act in accordance with Fist Bank & Trust policies and procedures as set forth in the employee handbook.
9. Adhere to compliance procedures and participate in required compliance training.
First Bank & Trust is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Read our complete Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement(Opens in a new Window). Applicants who would like to request reasonable accommodation to the application or interview process should call Human Resources at 800.843.1552 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.