October 26, 2023
Location: Sioux Falls, SD or Brookings, SD
This person will design and develop advanced enterprise-scale data analytics solutions to identify patterns and trends, analyze root cause, and improve overall data quality, consistency, and accessibility. They will build solutions using current and emerging techniques to deliver client insights and perspectives to business lines enabling data-informed decisions as well as increase efficiencies and innovation. This individual will consult directly with business lines to learn business objectives, understand key results, and derive requirements needed to develop solutions that will deliver positive business outcomes.
QualificationsThis person should have a bachelor’s, plus six years of previous related work experience or the equivalent. Experience building solutions using advanced analytics and working with financial data is required. This candidate must be research oriented, possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills, be able to effectively communicate the value of company data to leaders at all levels, and have experience leading the development of solutions while working with multiple contributors. This person must have extensive experience working with tabular data models, using Microsoft SQL Server, writing T-SQL queries and DAX, performing data visualizations with Microsoft’s BI stack, and understanding relational and non-relational databases. Microsoft Power BI Data Analyst Associate (PL-300) certification is required and must be obtained within six months of hiring. Knowledge of R or Python is preferred.
- Design and develop optimized enterprise data analytics solutions for client, market, product, and operational functions that deliver insights to generate data-informed decisions and actions. Develop and use tabular models and continually improve analytics solutions, models, and strategies to provide outcome-based solutions, root cause analysis, and data analytics reporting and visualizations.
- Lead Data Engagement initiatives to make information accessible through dynamic reports and dashboards driven by universal tabular models. Design and develop tabular models through collaboration with technology team members. Ensure relevant data and analytics are available to meet initiatives by helping design and implement the storage and access of data.
- Build and manage relationships with business line managers to understand business objectives. Partner with stakeholders to derive requirements, scope data engagement solutions, and help drive data-informed decisions and results. Advise on data best practices, improve automation of insights, actions, decisions, and increase efficiencies and competencies with FBT technical capabilities.
- Provide technical leadership to technology team members working on data analytics projects and deliverables. Be knowledgeable of Database, Data Engineering, DevOps, and API concepts. Work closely with Technology teams to align projects and support the strategic direction of the organization.
- Support data governance, data literacy, and data stewardship initiatives established by the Data Governance Committee to improve data integrity, usability, and access across the organization. Lead data governance initiatives and key results on behalf of Data Engagement Team as assigned.
- Build statistical and quantitative analysis to identify trends, patterns, and correlations that can be used to promote better business decisions.
- Maintain knowledge of innovative tools and resources to improve data strategy and governance. Remain on top of industry best practice and know what system and business process data comes from and remain current on changes within the data platform, data models, and systems used across the bank.
- Act in accordance with FBT policies and procedures as set forth in the employee handbook.
- Adhere to compliance procedures and attend required compliance training.
First Bank & Trust is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Read our complete Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement(Opens in a new Window). Applicants who would like to request reasonable accommodation to the application or interview process should call Human Resources at 800.843.1552 or email email@example.com.