July 21, 2022
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
The primary responsibility for this position is to design, develop, and implement databases, and provide administration and operational support for various database management systems.
This person should have a bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field and a minimum of five years previous experience in data architecture and administration. Any level of SQL Server certification is preferred. This person must possess strong analytical and problem solving skills as well as good communication skills and the willingness to work with all company personnel. Special skill sets: SQL Server, RDBMS theory and practice, ETL methodology and tool experience, batch file/PowerShell scripting, SSIS and SSAS.
1. Design, create, maintain, and automate the ETL processes and procedures for all source systems including data warehouse and software development.
2. Design, support, and maintain a reliable report delivery platform and procedures.
3. Work closely with application developers to plan, code, create, and enhance application databases. Translate user requirements into technical architecture data models and specifications.
4. Be responsible for all aspects of SQL Server database administration including availability, backup, recovery, physical database model, performance (query response time), upgrades, and security.
5. Implement data management best practices in all solutions (e.g. permissions, recovery, logical and physical design, data integrity, security, and monitoring).
6. Mentor, train, assist other developers and end-users to create optimal SQL queries, reports, etc.
7. Research and recommend database tools, utilities, software, methods, practices, etc.
8. Responsible for maintaining metadata and process documentation for all solutions.
9. Stay current with new technology, techniques, and best practices in database development and administration.
10. Act in accordance with FBT//ATS policy and procedures as established and set forth in employee handbook.
11. Adhere to compliance procedures and participate in required compliance training.
First Bank & Trust is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Read our complete Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement. Applicants who would like to request reasonable accommodation to the application or interview process should call Human Resources at 800.843.1552 or email email@example.com.