December 4th, 2023
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
Finance: This position works as part of a team that analyzes financial data and manages accounting records including preparation of journal entries and reconciling balances to the general ledger on a regular basis.
Credit: This person will review loans in accordance with the Bank's Loan Policies and Guidelines. This person will learn the foundations of analyzing smaller commercial and agricultural credits, along with ongoing credit administration.
This person should be working towards a degree in business/accounting/finance and have a minimum of two years of accounting and finance-related classes. To be successful in this role, this candidate should have excellent communication and organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to think logically and critically when analyzing data. Handling sensitive and confidential information with honesty and integrity is critical. Intermediate working knowledge of Excel is preferred.
This role requires employment to be on-site.
1. Reconcile and monitor various general ledger accounts on a regular basis to ensure proper accounting controls are maintained.
2. Make daily, weekly, and monthly journal entries to the general ledger.
3. Assist with entering, verifying, processing, and submitting Accounts Payable check runs.
4. Support variance analysis for month end compared to budget and prior reporting period while providing useful insights regarding useful insights regarding these results.
5. Aid in the preparation of monthly financial reports and quarterly bank and holding company regulatory reporting.
6. Maintain Excel spreadsheets to analyze various financial data, ratios, rates, and yields.
1. Assist with analyzing and risk rating credit lines requiring Loan Committee review and critique the credit classifications assigned by the Loan Officers. The analysis must be consistent with the findings of the appropriate regulatory agencies.
2. Assist with the review of loan files as advances are made to ensure that they qualify within the structure, documentation, and credit quality standards of the Bank's Loan Policy and Guidelines.
3. Present loan files or credit lines not meeting the standards of the Bank's Loan Policy and Guidelines to Credit Analyst Manager with a detailed explanation of the credit exceptions and the recommended action necessary to correct the deficiencies and improve the Bank's position.
4. Attend the Bank's Loan Committee meetings where credit lines are presented to the Loan Committee for final approval, recommended action, and classification.
5. Perform reviews of loan files, test loan underwriting, construction inspections and perform other credit related projects.
6. Attend loan department and other committee meetings as requested by management to participate in decisions, which affect ongoing and future operations of the loan department.
7. Act in accordance with First Bank & Trust policies and procedures as set forth in the employee handbook.
8. Adhere to compliance procedures and participate in required compliance training.
First Bank & Trust is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Read our complete Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement. Applicants who would like to request reasonable accommodation to the application or interview process should call Human Resources at 800.843.1552 or email email@example.com.