December 1, 2023
Location: Madison, SD
This person is responsible for cash application and administration of funds through multiple payment sources in the factoring division as well as various accounting functions.
This person should have an associate’s degree, plus two years of related work experience or the equivalent. This person should have a basic understanding of accounting. This person must also possess good communication skills and organizational skills.
1. Complete cash application functions as well as assist with the daily outgoing funds such as:
- Approve and initiate wires
- Approve and process T-Chek/EFS Payments
- Approve and initiate ACH payments (CCD and PPD)
- Approve and initiate FBT transfers
2. Review remittance information and other documents for completeness, validity, and accuracy according to determined policy.
3. Open, and scan mail to proper processing folders on share drive. Deposit all checks posted via electronic means and software utilized within FB&T corporate environment.
4. Assist with accounting functions including but not limited to:
- Daily general ledger/bank account reconciliations
- Process Non-sufficient Funds/Stop Payments
- Complete Canadian Adjustments
- Enter various journal entries for funds transfers/credit memos/fee application
5. Audit Ach/Wire templates for update/deletion.
6. Analyze accounts for release letter attainability/account closing.
7. Monitor special accounts and complete loan payments/payoffs.
8. Communicate directly with the supervisor regarding all issues related to the above mentioned duties.
9. Act in accordance with FBT policies and procedures as set forth in the employee handbook.
10. Adhere to compliance procedures and participate in required compliance training.
First Bank & Trust is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Read our complete Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement. Applicants who would like to request reasonable accommodation to the application or interview process should call Human Resources at 800.843.1552 or email email@example.com.