September 6, 2023
Location: Watertown, SD
As an intern, this person will learn about the foundations of community banking by engaging in core Retail Banking functions. This person shall provide a superior service experience to all guests of FBT.
This person should demonstrate strong communication skills through excellent verbal and written correspondence, effective listening, and responsiveness. This person should be genuinely personable, empathetic to others, and collaborative.
This role requires employment to be on-site.
1. Learn the foundations of banking by participating in general Retail functions including processing customer transactions, cash handling, and cash drawer balancing.
2.Assist in the opening of new accounts.
3. Utilize banking systems and observe how they integrate into business processes.
4. Connect with and learn from department leaders and management. Proactively seek direction from the Retail Banking Supervisor and/or Retail Branch Manager.
5. Work closely with industry experts to identify and differentiate various banking products and services.
6. Observe and participate in the customer experience including identifying needs, recommending products that fit, and maintaining customer relationships.
7. Shadow additional core banking functions (examples include Lending, Credit, & Operations).
8. Complete special projects as assigned.
9. Develop and apply a working knowledge of banking regulations and processes.
10. Gain skills related to professionalism, financial analysis, decision-making, customer service and communication.
11. Maintain confidentiality, integrity, and honesty, especially in dealing with customer information.
12. Attend and participate in committee and department meetings and professional development opportunities and trainings.
13. Act in accordance with FBT policies and procedures as set forth in the employee handbook.
14. Adhere to compliance procedures and participate in required compliance training and all meetings deemed appropriate by supervisor.
First Bank & Trust is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Read our complete Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement. Applicants who would like to request reasonable accommodation to the application or interview process should call Human Resources at 800.843.1552 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.