January 23, 2023
Location: Brookings, SD or Sioux Falls, SD
This person performs audits; evaluates the internal control structure; assesses compliance with laws, regulations, bank policies, and bank procedures; updates appropriate audit programs; and performs tests and prepares reports. This person must communicate audit findings to affected personnel and appropriate levels of management.
This person should have a bachelor’s degree, plus one year of work-related experience, or the equivalent. An understanding of bank operations, regulatory compliance, and basic auditing/accounting skills is required. Good oral and written communication skills are required, along with good analytical and problem-solving skills.
Plan and/or assist in planning the scope of assigned audits and preparing the audit program for review and approval, including:
Gaining an understanding of the operations, internal controls, and any regulatory impact.
Perform audit field work under the guidance of senior staff in the areas assigned, including:
Evaluating the internal control system.
Assessing compliance with laws and regulations.
Developing workpapers in accordance with departmental standards.
Performing applicable tests of the procedures, accounts, and transactions.
Evaluating the results.
3. Summarize and document the results of the audit activities to provide supporting evidence for conclusions reached and the findings identified.
4. Prepare or assist in preparing audit reports and communicating with affected personnel and appropriate levels of management.
5. Maintain a current knowledge of developments applicable to the position in the areas of auditing, banking, regulatory compliance, and technology.
6. Assist the external auditors in their work as assigned.
7. Act in accordance with FBT policies and procedures as set forth in the employee handbook.
8. Adhere to compliance procedures and participate in required compliance training.
First Bank & Trust is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Read our complete Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement. Applicants who would like to request reasonable accommodation to the application or interview process should call Human Resources at 800.843.1552 or email email@example.com.