March 29, 2023
Location: Brookings, SD
This person is responsible for managing the functions of the loan accounting department. This person will be responsible for the completion of daily workflow, writing departmental procedures and managing staff.
This individual should have a bachelor’s degree and five years of related experience, preferably in loan operations. Supervisory experience required. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are a must. This person should display good judgment, analytical skills and attention to detail. This person will need to work independently and utilize effective decision-making skills.
1. Lead the team and develop an atmosphere of teamwork, open communication and unity. Provide oversight of all services offered. Actively mentor staff and ensure they are trained, evaluated, and motivated to perform their responsibilities in an effective and progressive manner.
2. Act as a liaison with all company affiliates providing training and guidance in the areas of loan operations and quality control.
3. Direct the balancing of loan totals to the general ledger according to established procedures.
4. Implement and research various loan modules available utilizing the Jack Henry Software system.
5. Research, analyze and prepare a variety of management reports.
6. Write procedures to standardize department operations. Identify, address and recommend to
management necessary policy and procedure changes.
7. Document, standardize and measure key processes; promoting quality control and efficiency.
8. Complete assigned projects as designated by the Loan Servicing Manager.
9. Act in accordance with FBT policies and procedures as set forth in the employee handbook.
10. Adhere to compliance procedures and participate in required compliance.
First Bank & Trust is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Read our complete Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement(Opens in a new Window). Applicants who would like to request reasonable accommodation to the application or interview process should call Human Resources at 800.843.1552 or email email@example.com.