June 17, 2022
Location: Brookings, SD
This person is responsible for a variety of tasks involving the upkeep of all bank buildings, grounds, and machinery. This includes additional FBT-owned properties.
This person should have a high school diploma or the equivalent, plus a minimum of two years of related job experience. A working knowledge of HVAC, electrical, plumbing, and mechanical systems is desired. A valid South Dakota driver's license must also be maintained. This person must be able to lift up to 75 pounds. This person must be able to work independently and make day-to-day decisions without close supervision.
1. Plan and direct all general maintenance of buildings and contents in an efficient and cost-effective manner, ensuring a safe and attractive environment for employees and customers. Confer with Director of Banking Operations for direction as needed.
2. Maintain grounds including mowing, trimming, spraying, and upkeep of landscaping. This may include overseeing outside contractors providing services to the bank’s properties. Be alert and respond with appropriate maintenance to the needs arising from various weather conditions.
3. Maintain an orderly arrangement of bulk supplies in storage locations, including items needed to maintain buildings, grounds, furniture, and fixtures, as well as maintain records of maintenance.
4. Proactively maintain the equipment owned by the bank to ensure it is in proper and safe working condition. This includes, but is not limited to, Mailroom and Kid’s World vehicles; mowing and snow removal equipment; maintenance vehicles and trailers.
5. Assist in the set-up and break-down of employee functions. This includes tent set-up for different events, including Jacks games in the tailgating area.
6. Act as the backup on-call person for renters’ requests for work to be done on FFC-owned houses or apartments.
7. Act in accordance with FBT policies and procedures as set forth in the employee handbook.
8. Adhere to compliance procedures and participate in required compliance training.
First Bank & Trust is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Read our complete Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement. Applicants who would like to request reasonable accommodation to the application or interview process should call Human Resources at 800.843.1552 or email email@example.com.