May 24, 2023
Location: Brookings, SD or Sioux Falls, SD or Cambridge, MN
Manage the Cash Management (CM) Service and Processing team. This team is responsible for the setup, training, and support of CM products and services to new and existing business customers and internal bank staff. Serve as a subject matter expert to the organization around payment services offered and systems used by our business customers and in general a resource for payment systems insights. This person is responsible for ensuring ACH origination risk is monitored and managed, that customers and internal staff are educated and supported in those efforts. Ensure all policies and procedures are developed and followed, continuous improvement objectives are achieved, and staff is engaged and productive.
A bachelor’s degree in a business, technology, or product related field and 7 years of relevant work experience, or the equivalent. This person should have leadership experience, excellent problem-solving, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills along with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines. This person will work independently and should display good judgment and analytical skills and have a healthy desire to lead change. A strong understanding of payments processing technology—payment gateways, merchant accounts, fraud prevention and various payment types including credit/debit cards, wires, ACH and mobile payments is ideal. AAP accreditation is required or must be obtained within 2 years of starting position and CPP is preferred.
1. Lead the team and develop an atmosphere of teamwork, open communication, and unity. Provide oversight of all services offered. Actively mentor staff and ensure they are trained, evaluated, and motivated to perform their responsibilities in an effective and progressive manner.
2. Serve as subject matter expert in payments, participating in business strategy for which your services are aligned, articulate business value of payments services and solutions to business partners.
3. Understand risk and impact to the business, ability to recommend risk mitigation strategies and options for the business to consider. Working closely with the payment operations team and leadership in these efforts.
4. Communicate and work effectively with Vendors, Sales Consultants, Banking Officers, external customers, and all levels of management as necessary. Managing key vendor relationships while building and maintaining strong relationships with Product, Sales and Systems Support staff to help ensure execution on excellent customer experiences.
5. Work with internal resources to leverage continuous improvement tools and methodologies to lead staff in evaluating processes for improvement. Focusing on adding value to customers and minimizing non-value-added work for staff. Recommend and implement improvements without compromising service quality.
6. Maintain a high level of knowledge of business bank products and services and latest system enhancements by attending applicable training sessions supplied by vendors and other professional organizations.
7. Prepare reports and summaries as needed and required to ensure we are meeting both external and internal risk and performance expectations.
8. Act in accordance with FBT policies and procedures as set forth in the employee handbook.
9. Adhere to compliance procedures and participate in required compliance training.
First Bank & Trust is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Read our complete Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement(Opens in a new Window). Applicants who would like to request reasonable accommodation to the application or interview process should call Human Resources at 800.843.1552 or email email@example.com.