March 17, 2022
Sioux Falls, SD
Manage the market, engaging current and potential customers in a manner that will maximize earnings growth and organizational value. This includes building, leading, and motivating staff to perform in a manner that is consistent with these objectives.
QualificationsThis person should have a bachelor’s degree in a related field, plus a minimum of ten years of experience in the bank lending area or the equivalent. A proven track record in complex lending, developing people and leadership required. The ability to professionally and effectively utilize sales skills to achieve results is necessary
1. Lead the team and develop an atmosphere of teamwork, open communication and unity. Provide oversight of all services offered. Actively mentor staff and ensure they are trained, evaluated, and motivated to perform their responsibilities in an effective and progressive manner.
2. Develop a market specific Strategic Business Plan and lead it’s successful execution in support of the overall strategic objectives.
3. Create marketing strategies to ensure attainment of business plan for growth and profit. Partner with the Marketing Department to implement market-driven promotional activities and programs to increase awareness and generate new business.
4. Identify and acquire new banking relationships which benefit both the customer and the bank, as well as expand the existing customer base.
5. Demonstrate knowledge of all products and relevant benefits, effectively communicating this to prospective customers and referral sources. Establish expertise within the geographic market.
6. Establish and negotiate where necessary the terms under which credit will be extended, including costs, repayment method, schedule and collateral requirements to include securing
required documentation, according to established Loan Policy and Guidelines, ensuring all loans are in compliance with the applicable laws and regulations.
7. Serve as a voting member of Senior Credit Committee.
8. Keep CBO informed about pertinent business activities, performance, opportunities and recommended course of action.
9. Be actively engaged in the market. Represent the organization and provide leadership in community activities, including business, charitable, civic and social organizations to maintain a responsible citizen stature for the bank.
10. Keep informed of industry and financial trends, as well as all laws and regulations that impact lending activities by attending informational seminars, meetings and studying resource materials.
11. Act in accordance with FBT policies and procedures as set for the in the employee handbook.
12. Adhere to compliance procedures and participate in required compliance training.
First Bank & Trust is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Read our complete Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement(Opens in a new Window). Applicants who would like to request reasonable accommodation to the application or interview process should call Human Resources at 800.843.1552 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.