May 12, 2022
Location: Sioux Falls, SD or Brookings, SD
This person will provide leadership for ongoing oversight of all mission-critical partners who deliver services to support FBT’s National Products programs.
This person should have a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of eight years of work-related experience or the equivalent. A sound knowledge of banking regulations and bank sponsorship models is desired. Strong written and verbal communication skills required, along with ability to multi-task and adjust priorities. Must be willing to travel nationwide for up to 5 days per month..
1. Lead the team and develop an atmosphere of teamwork, open communication and unity. Provide oversight of all services offered. Actively mentor staff and ensure they are trained, evaluated, and motivated to perform their responsibilities in an effective and progressive manner.
2. Manage partnerships and be accountable to the Oversight Plan for Third-Party Programs.
3. Establish, maintain and facilitate (in concert with Compliance, Internal Audit and Quality Assurance) procedural guides to ensure our partner’s compliance with all regulations and the Bank’s expectations.
4. Engage and work with multiple internal resources which provide critical support to the department and programs, including Corporate Risk Management, Operations and Finance.
5. Ensure partner programs operate in compliant manner that aligns with FBT’s risk appetite.
6. Identify internal and external risk factors that could impact the long-term viability, sustainability and profitability of Programs.
7. Ensure partner’s responsiveness to any audit, examination and quality assurance findings and hold partner accountable that any corrective action plans are adequately addressed in a timely manner.
8. Interact with peers at various third-party vendors who provide essential services to our programs including, but not limited to, Associations, Processors and Servicers.
9. Serve as member of the bank’s due diligence team in reviewing new products, partners for acceptance by the bank, as well as the National Products Oversight Committee.
10. Act in accordance with FBT policies and procedures as set forth in the employee handbook.
11. Adhere to compliance procedures and participate in required compliance training.
First Bank & Trust is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Read our complete Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement. Applicants who would like to request reasonable accommodation to the application or interview process should call Human Resources at 800.843.1552 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.