August 5, 2022
Location: Brookings, SD
This position will manage existing private banking relationships and recruit, qualify, & develop new high net worth financial relationships for the Bank. This person must have the ability to direct existing clients and prospective clients into bank and non-bank financial (brokerage/investment and fiduciary/trust) services using a needs-based approach.
QualificationsThis person must have a bachelor’s degree, plus four years of related experience or the equivalent. This person must have strong interpersonal communication and sales skills. This person must be able to work independently and with various other departments within the Bank. Superior organizational and administrative skills will be required.
1. Manage existing Private Banking relationships and generate new relationships through proactive calling efforts. Develop customer base through cross-selling products and servicing existing clients, develop new business through interaction with external resources, keep informed of changing market conditions.
2. Provide personal attention to Private Banking relationships by responding to needs that arise in a timely fashion. This may include responding to emails/phone calls outside of normal bank hours and some weekends.
3. Consult with customers regarding financial needs, recommend product/solutions, and financial services to meet those needs. Additionally, resolve inquiries, open and service accounts within authorized limits such as checking, savings, credit/loan and identify and refer investment opportunities.
4. Communicate and coordinate with the Private Banking Manager and WMS Market Manager on the placement of relationships into trust and/or retail brokerage services. Facilitate the referral of Private Bank clients to all other financial services the bank offers.
5. Actively participate, promote, support and track results for all relevant strategic initiatives for the Private Banking department.
6. Basic understanding of wealth industry concepts (i.e. investments, economic conditions, insurance, estate planning, tax returns, etc.) with on-going education as provided by the Wealth Market Manager. Ability to manage and recommend ideas around complex financial matters by evaluating high net worth statements.
7. Facilitate the referral of Private Bank clients to all other financial services within the bank.
8. Attend Bank department meetings as assigned in order to identify new clients. When needed, act as a point person for interdepartmental referrals throughout the Bank.
9. Continually build a network of internal and external sources and resources to further enhance the customer experience and meet customer’s needs.
10. Act in accordance with FBT policies and procedures as set forth in the employee handbook.
- Adhere to compliance procedures and participate in required compliance training.
First Bank & Trust is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Read our complete Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement(Opens in a new Window). Applicants who would like to request reasonable accommodation to the application or interview process should call Human Resources at 800.843.1552 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.