October 27, 2022
Location: Brookings, SD or Sioux Falls, SD or Edina, MN or Roseville, MN
This person is responsible for collaborating across the bank to ensure that business customers get sustained value from their interactions with the bank’s products and platforms.
This person should have a bachelor’s degree, plus six years of related experience or the equivalent. Knowledge of the financial services industry, banking products and platforms and how those products and platforms intersect with various departments in the organization is essential. Familiarity with digital technologies and digital culture will be fundamental to the role, though technical expertise is not necessarily required. This person should have strong written and verbal communication skills and will need to organize their own work and the work of cross-functional teams. The ideal candidate is an independent thinker who prefers collaborating across groups to accomplish shared goals.
1. Lead the team and develop an atmosphere of teamwork, open communication and unity. Provide oversight of all services offered. Actively mentor staff and ensure they are trained, evaluated, and motivated to perform their responsibilities in an effective and progressive manner.
2. Customer knowledge: in partnership with line of business team members, marketing, BI, and other departments, develop and maintain an active knowledge of our customer base, relevant segments and variations, and customers’ “jobs to be done” in interacting with the bank. Partner with marketing to articulate our capabilities to customers in customer, rather than bank, language.
3. Business knowledge: be a trusted partner to line of business executives serving businesses (Business Banking, Retirement Services, Cash Management, Correspondent (Trust company), Cards), working to help them shape and achieve their line of business goals from a product and offer perspective
4. Product department responsibilities:
a. Take responsibility for Product and Platform Improvement Process (PPIP) submissions for businesses, shepherding them through the process until approved or rejected.
b. Manage the product roadmap, keeping track of commitments and plans to deploy products and features.
c. Help to set up and maintain appropriate metrics to make department activities as effective as possible.
5. Product Teams: Serve as the point person for product teams including members from IT, Marketing, Risk, Lines of Business and other relevant groups to deploy, monitor, and/or incrementally improve products or platforms (for example: digital banking for business, account opening)
6. Product vision: work to ensure integration between departments, products, and platforms such that we, rather than the customer, carry the burden of integrating our services for their benefit. Ensure strong partnership with IT, BI, and Systems Support to ensure our applications & systems infrastructure supports long term flexibility to meet customer needs.
7. Compliance and Risk: Understand that compliance and risk management are not “in addition” to other responsibilities but are core to the value we provide to customers. Engage with Compliance and other Risk Management staff early and clearly to ensure we maximize customer value. Adhere to compliance procedures and participate in required compliance training.
8. Direct product management: This role may be called upon to directly manage an individual product that does not fit into another department.
9. Act in accordance with FBT policies and procedures as set forth in the employee handbook.
10. Adhere to compliance procedures and participate in required compliance training.