November 8, 2023
Location: Sioux Falls, SD or Brookings, SD
Overall FunctionsThis person coordinates and directs projects to ensure successful research and/or implementation. This person works with various areas of the organization to define project objectives, research solutions, and coordinate tasks and resources to achieve optimum results.
QualificationsThis person should have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree and two years of related experience in project management, operations management, business analysis, or IT systems or the equivalent. This person should display strong organizational skills, analytical skills, and judgment skills, and have a strong attention to detail. This person should possess excellent business relationship skills, communication skills, and leadership skills, as well as the ability to effectively manage multiple projects and priorities under pressures of deadlines. Solid working knowledge of bank support systems, Microsoft Office, and other Microsoft tools is preferred. General knowledge of accounting as well as financial standards, practices, and budgeting is preferred.
Responsibilities1. Manage assigned projects according to project management methodology, planning tasks, coordinating resources, and monitoring progress in order to support the design, integration, testing, and implementation of process-improvement solutions to business initiatives.
2. Monitor and report on project performance, including resource allocation, budgeting, and timeline conformance. Based on this knowledge, communicate performance and recommend solutions to project team, end users, managers, and third-party vendors as appropriate.
3. Facilitate, produce, and update task lists, meeting notes, agendas, budget templates, project status documents, and communications as necessary and as related to assigned projects.
4. Facilitate project teams to clearly define and ensure accurate interpretation of business needs.
5. Demonstrate continuous effort to contribute to process improvement, operational efficiency, and superior customer service.
6. Perform work by determining priorities, analyzing alternatives, and selecting applicable methods and procedures for completion with limited supervision.
7. Ensure practices adhere to compliance standards as well as ensure assigned projects conform to compliance guidance. Attend applicable meetings and training sessions as directed by management.
8. Act in accordance with FBT policies and procedures as set forth in the employee handbook.
9. Adhere to compliance procedures and participate in required compliance training.
First Bank & Trust is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Read our complete Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement(Opens in a new Window). Applicants who would like to request reasonable accommodation to the application or interview process should call Human Resources at 800.843.1552 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.