June 9, 2022
Location: Brookings, SD or Sioux Falls, SD
This person will be primarily responsible for ongoing oversight of mission-critical vendors who provide services to support FBT’s National Products Department.
This person should have a bachelor’s degree in management, finance, business, or a related field and five years of banking and/or credit card experience or similar operational/production experience or the equivalent. Strong written and verbal communication skills are required, along with the ability to multitask and adjust priorities. Proficiency with MS Word and Excel is needed, with knowledge of Access beneficial. Must be willing to travel nationwide for up to five days per month.
1. Plan, supervise, and direct staff, ensuring all processes are conducted efficiently and effectively and all assigned staff are trained, evaluated, and motivated to perform their responsibilities in an effective manner.
2. Prepare monthly quality assurance reports for each marketing program that reviews all operation aspects of the program for compliance with policies and procedures.
3. Monitor the responsiveness of marketers and mission-critical vendors to review findings and follow up with each marketer/vendor to ensure corrective action plans are adequately addressed.
4. Interact with peers at various third-party vendors who provide essential services to Fishback Financial Solutions.
5. Develop quality assurance processes for new programs as they start up.
6. Prepare regular vendor management reports for mission-critical vendors that highlights topics such as financial performance, quality of service, and contract adherence in accordance with FFC’s Vendor Management Policy.
7. Identify internal and external risk factors that could impact the long-term viability, sustainability, and profitability of products.
8. Review and examine the services provided to customers for adherence to policies, procedures, rules, regulations, and any regulatory guidance documents that apply to the bank.
9. Act in accordance with FBT policies and procedures as set forth in the employee handbook.
10. Adhere to compliance procedures and participate in required compliance training.
First Bank & Trust is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Read our complete Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement. Applicants who would like to request reasonable accommodation to the application or interview process should call Human Resources at 800.843.1552 or email email@example.com.