January 23, 2023
Location: Brookings, SD
This person shall be responsible for providing a superior service experience to all guests of FBT. This person must meet and resolve the transactional needs of guests in a timely and efficient manner, remaining ever aware of the guest. This person shall be responsible for developing and maintaining client relationships and managing client needs while proactively recognizing opportunities and offering solutions, all while putting people first.
This person should have an associate’s degree and a minimum of two years of related experience, or the equivalent. This person should demonstrate strong communication skills through excellent verbal and written correspondence, effective listening, and responsiveness. This person should be genuinely personable, empathetic to others, collaborative, and a solution driven problem solver.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES ARE TO:
1. Provide a superior service experience that not only satisfies the wants and needs of the bank’s guests but provides them with a unique experience indicative of First Bank & Trust’s culture and commitment to the communities we serve.
2. Enthusiastically develop, maintain, and grow new and existing relationships that are profitable to the bank while minimizing risk. While not required, a general understanding and aptitude for sales aids in this responsibility.
3. Perform general teller functions including processing deposits, withdrawals, payments, and negotiable items. Maintain a balanced cash drawer each day. Remain risk-aware, recognizing and swiftly reporting any suspicious transactions. Assist in the daily servicing of branch hardware; including ATM and/or TCR(s).
4. Evaluate, prepare, and process motor and recreational vehicle titles and registration applications, including processing Driver’s licenses, Minnesota ID card renewal applications, and game and fish licenses (dependent on location).
5. Prepare, balance and submit daily DMV deposits and reports to the State of Minnesota, along with, prepare monthly DMV transaction reports (dependent on location).
6. Anticipate needs and advise clients on solutions that personally benefit them.
7. Assist in the opening of new accounts and establishing new relationships.
8. Be an expert and educate clients in the bank’s suite of products, services and processes that meet both client and community needs.
9. Proactively seek direction from the Retail Banking Supervisor and/or Retail Branch Manager that assures daily work aligns with organizational goals. In addition, be persistent in building relationships and collaborating with colleagues both in and outside of the Retail business line to meet client needs.
10. Monitor and maintain both the deposit and credit portfolios for quality and potential risk. If necessary, follow through on collection efforts, using all legal means as required by Loan Policy and Guidelines.
11. Act in accordance with FBT policies and procedures as set forth in the employee handbook.
12. Adhere to compliance procedures and participate in required compliance training and all meetings deemed appropriate by supervisor.
First Bank & Trust is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Read our complete Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement(Opens in a new Window). Applicants who would like to request reasonable accommodation to the application or interview process should call Human Resources at 800.843.1552 or email email@example.com.