December 5, 2023
Location: Milbank, SD
This person shall be responsible for leading and developing a successful team who embodies the service culture principals while also strategizing to meet and exceed branch and organizational goals. In addition, this person will be responsible for creating and leading a customer-centric and efficient approach to daily teller line branch operations while also maintaining client relationships and proactively developing new opportunities that put people first. This person should possess a strong knowledgebase of banking principles that aides in their ability to satisfy the needs of clients, while also creating profitable relationships for the bank.
QualificationsThis person should have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree plus three years of related experience or the equivalent. This person should have proven leadership skills that demonstrate assertiveness, integrity, empathy, agility, creativity, decisiveness, self-awareness. and gratitude. This person must possess strong written and verbal communication skills, be an active listener, and a knowledgeable facilitator. This person should be a solutions-driven problem solver who is able to provide sound advice to staff, clients and colleagues. This person should be genuinely personable, collaborative, and committed to nurturing the strengths and talents of their team.
1. Lead the team and develop an atmosphere of teamwork, open communication and unity. Provide oversight of all services offered. Actively mentor staff and ensure they are trained, evaluated, and motivated to perform their responsibilities in an effective and progressive manner.
2. Manage daily branch teller line operations to ensure professionalism, consistency, and efficiency while building accountability within each team member.
3. Consistently monitor teller line-related procedures and expectations, this includes regular quality control checks and cash counts. Conduct quarterly reviews and assure accordance with all branch audit requirements, providing training on updates and changes accordingly.
4. Ensure a positive environment that encourages staff growth, feedback, and engagement while cultivating the embracement of FBT’s mission and values.
5. Exemplify superior service that satisfies the wants and needs of the bank’s clients and guests and provides them with an experience indicative of FBT’s culture and commitment to the communities we serve.
6. Enthusiastically develop, maintain, and grow new and existing relationships that are profitable to the bank while minimizing risk.
7. Anticipate needs and advise clients on solutions that personally benefit them.
8. Be an expert and educate clients in the bank’s suite of products, services, and processes that meet both client and community needs.
9. Proactively seek direction from the Branch Manager to ensure daily teller line operations align with organizational goals. In addition, be persistent in building strong internal relationships, collaborating often with colleagues inside and outside of the Retail business line to meet client needs, branch and organizational growth efforts.
10. Seek and sustain community involvement.
11. Follow Loan Policy and Guidelines, when originating, underwriting, and closing consumer and business loans.
12. Act in accordance with FBT policies and procedures as set forth in the employee handbook.
13. Adhere to compliance procedures and participate in required compliance training and all meetings deemed appropriate by supervisor.
First Bank & Trust is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Read our complete Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement(Opens in a new Window). Applicants who would like to request reasonable accommodation to the application or interview process should call Human Resources at 800.843.1552 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.