January 25, 2024
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
This role involves coordinating responses to internal and 3rd party compliance, quality control, HMDA, and audit findings in Retail Banking. The person will collaborate with Audit, Compliance, Operations, Credit, IT departments, and others to implement corrective actions. Responsibilities include coordinating operational process enhancements and facilitating communication and training for Retail processes to ensure efficiency and consistency across customer-facing business lines. The role also involves monitoring new guidance memos, working with compliance for process changes, training, and coordinating regular testing and monitoring of high-risk areas.
This person should have a bachelor’s degree plus six years of previous related work experience, or the equivalent. A strong background in operations, compliance, and regulatory requirements along with an appreciation for the customer experience is preferred. Good written and oral communication skills, a willingness to work effectively with others, and the ability to work independently is required. This person must be familiar with Retail related lending and deposit process and procedures.
1. Lead the team and develop an atmosphere of teamwork, open communication, and unity. Provide oversight of all services offered. Actively mentor staff and ensure they are trained, evaluated, and motivated to perform their responsibilities in an effective and progressive manner.
2. Lead process and procedural enhancements associated with Retail Banking, ensuring teamwork amongst business lines. Provide oversight of the work and take ownership of the outcome, effectively communicating change with key stakeholders.
3. Consult with all levels of the organization to ensure that introduction of new processes is smooth, effective, and sustainable. Leverage strong relationships with each line of business to ensure continuous improvement after initial implementation.
4. Champion and enhance process initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives.
5. Monitor, evaluate, and provide oversight to support the goal of a quality Retail portfolio that follows all applicable laws and regulations.
6. Maintain an exceptional working knowledge of all consumer related banking regulations and compliance guidelines.
7. Oversee internal resource sites, ensuring content is relevant and user friendly.
8. Manage all Retail procedures, including ongoing reviews and enhancements. Develop quality control practices for Retail procedures, where applicable.
9. Provide feedback to Senior Leadership on areas experiencing weakness in a proactive way.
10. Interpret, analyze, and understand various data points, including HMDA and other lending guidelines, with an ability to interpret and report requirements.
11. Coordinate the review of loan and deposit applications and adverse action notices to ensure accuracy and completeness, timeliness, proper imaging of all supporting documentation, and follow-up on completion of all items.
12. Act in accordance with FBT policies and procedures as set forth in the employee handbook.
13. Adhere to compliance procedures and participate in required compliance.
First Bank & Trust is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Read our complete Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement(Opens in a new Window). Applicants who would like to request reasonable accommodation to the application or interview process should call Human Resources at 800.843.1552 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.