July 28, 2022
Location: Roseville, MN
This person will be responsible for developing successful business loan relationships in a profitable manner while minimizing risk to the bank. This individual will embrace the service culture principals while also strategizing to meet and exceed organizational goals. In addition, this person will be responsible for creating a high emphasis on credit quality, loan performance, and client profitability. This person should possess a strong knowledgebase of SBA lending that aides in their ability to satisfy the needs of clients, while also creating profitable relationships for the bank.
This person should have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree and five years of related experience or the equivalent. This person must possess strong written and verbal communication skills, and an understanding of marketing, sales and negotiation skills. This person should have experience in loan documentation, loan file compliance, and, as well as an understanding of SBA lending.
1. Originate SBA business loans in accordance with the Loan Policy and Guidelines.
2. Interview loan applicants and collect and analyze financial and related data to formulate proposals for existing and prospective clients. Evaluate SBA applications in accordance with established Business Credit underwriting guidelines and SBA SOP requirement to ensure proper documentation and approval levels are met.
3. Establish and negotiate where necessary the terms under which a SBA loan will be extended, including the costs, repayment method, schedule, and collateral requirements, and include all documentation according to the Loan Policy and Guidelines.
Develop new relationships by contacting prospects and clients while making sound decisions and exhibiting good credit judgment. Consider the level of risk of each loan request and work with business bankers, credit department and SBA Lending Manager or SBA BDO IIs to recommend a credit decision.
4. Continue to learn and maintain a high level of knowledge of SBA products. Develop and maintain effective working relationships between the Business Solutions Department and the Business Banking Department to promote cross-selling of products and services.
5. Represent FBT SBA Lending in the local market and develop relationships with business brokers, commercial real-estate brokers and other COI’s. Actively requesting referrals and evaluating the value of working relationships.
6. Review and discuss with business loan clients concerning various financial needs, cross sell products, and answer clients’ questions about bank policies and procedures. Keep abreast of trends that may impact the bank's clients, including legal, regulatory, and economic issues.
7. Counsel with the SBA Lending Manager on all matters pertinent to the operations of the SBA Department.
8. Attend all loan meetings as directed by the SBA Lending Manager to participate in decisions that affect ongoing and future operations of the SBA Department.
9. Act in accordance with FBT policies and procedures as set for the in the employee handbook.
10. Adhere to compliance procedures and participate in required compliance training.
First Bank & Trust is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Read our complete Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement. Applicants who would like to request reasonable accommodation to the application or interview process should call Human Resources at 800.843.1552 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.