January 18, 2023
Location: Brookings, SD or Sioux Falls, SD
This person manages the sales activity of the department in an efficient and profitable manner, as well as loan origination volume. This person must provide organization, leadership, and guidance to all sales personnel in this area.
This person must have a bachelor's degree, plus nine years of work-related experience or the equivalent. This person must have demonstrated skills in real estate loan underwriting and personnel supervision. Good communications skills, plus the willingness to work with others is required.
1. Lead the team and develop an atmosphere of teamwork, open communication, and unity. Provide oversight of all services offered. Actively mentor staff and ensure they are trained, evaluated, and motivated to perform their responsibilities in an effective and progressive manner.
2. Create an annual business plan that has clear objectives and measurable key results, including formulating/monitoring state goals in the short and long terms. Manage pricing disciplines with MLO’s and always staying compliant. Develop skills that help build out relevant financial models for the mortgage department.
3. Work with Chief Mortgage Officer and other leadership in the bank to align the goals and objectives of the mortgage department with that of the bank overall.
4. Work with MLOs developing market specific sales strategies and required budgeting. This includes ensuring clarity on the importance of working with other bank partners in support of the entire banking relationship.
5. Manage a market calendar for the year reflecting COI engagement and relevant marketing opportunities.
6. Establish themselves as a mortgage market leader within market centers of influence like but not limited to realtor associations, builder associations, chamber and other organizations mortgage relevant.
7. Serve as a resource to and work with other Sales Managers and other Loan Originators in all locations regarding mortgage lending. Do the same for other business unit personnel of all aspects of mortgage lending banking.
8. Review all loan requests as needed or directed by the Loan Policy and Guidelines.
9. Represent the Bank and provide leadership in key community activities, including business, charitable, civic and social organizations.
10. Attend informational seminars and meetings, study resource materials, and keep up to date on industry developments, ideas, and standards, which affect the services of the Bank. Remain current on industry developments that affect the mortgage services of the Bank.
11. Act in accordance with FBT policies and procedures as set forth in the employee handbook.
12. Adhere to compliance procedures and participate in required compliance training.
First Bank & Trust is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Read our complete Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement(Opens in a new Window). Applicants who would like to request reasonable accommodation to the application or interview process should call Human Resources at 800.843.1552 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.