July 27, 2021
Location: Brookings, SD
This person is responsible for providing a safe and nurturing environment for children, under the guidance of the Lead and/or Assistant Teacher. Assist in the implementation of developmentally appropriate curriculum, in support of the program’s philosophy on early childhood education.
This person should have a high school diploma, GED or the equivalent and one year of experience with young children. Strong communication and time management skills required. Must not have on record a substantiated report of child abuse or neglect.
This person must be able to lift up to 60 pounds, sit on the floor or low child-sized chairs, walk and run short distances, walk long distances (several city blocks), remain outside in all types of weather conditions (hot, humid, cold, breezy) for short and long periods of time, stand for extended time frames and bend frequently. Must be agile enough to move quickly in response to children’s needs.
- Supervise and interact with children in all areas of the Center, outdoors and on field trips away from the Center, while maintaining a safe and inviting environment. Respecting children’s dignity and individual differences.
- Assist in implementing a developmentally appropriate curriculum that reflects observations and assessments of the individual children, ensuring a variety of materials and activities.
- Create and maintain an open and professional relationship with all families and Center staff, including facilitating discussions, at the direction of the Lead Teacher, surrounding daily activity, changes and/or concerns, involving the children.
- Be knowledgeable of program’s health and safety regulations and emergency procedures. Ensure readiness to respond appropriately, if necessary.
- Attend all staff meetings and complete recommended training programs. Provide the
Director with documentation, in accordance with state requirements.
- Act in accordance with FBT policies and procedures as set forth in the employee
handbook, as well as the Kid’s World Handbook.
- Adhere to compliance procedures and participate in required compliance and other
training as requested.
First Bank & Trust is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Read our complete Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement(Opens in a new Window). Applicants who would like to request reasonable accommodation to the application or interview process should call Human Resources at 800.843.1552 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.