June 23, 2022
Location: Brookings, SD
This person provides administrative, sales, and operational support for Brokerage (Raymond James Financial Services) within the Wealth Management Services Group. This person will also provide administrative support for the Trust and Investment Officers in the Trust division of the Wealth Management Services Department.
QualificationsThis person should have a minimum of an associate degree, plus three years of related work experience or the equivalent. Experience with a bank, wealth management group, trust company, law firm or brokerage firm is preferred. Knowledge, or the ability to learn a basic understanding of legal trust documents; stocks, bonds, and mutual funds; tax concepts; interpreting financial statements and assisting with client distributions. Excellent oral and written communications skills and attention to detail are required. Must be able to make decisions independently, while balancing multiple priorities and meeting deadlines. FINRA Series 7 & Series 66 securities licenses are preferred but not required.
1. Settle all Retail Investment Program transactions in accordance with Raymond James Financial Services, First Bank & Trust, and Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) policies and procedures. Process security purchases and sales, maintain a daily transaction log of trades, and review all transactions for accuracy. Handle all cash receipts and disbursements, wire transfers, and EFTs. Verify deposits and resolve discrepancies. Complete account applications.
2. Maintain all client and branch office files as required to comply with Raymond James Financial Services, First Bank & Trust, and FINRA policies and procedures.
3. Contact and resolve issues with clients and Raymond James Financial Services regarding administrative matters and transactions. Construct and edit correspondence to clients and companies as needed.
4. Assist the Financial Advisor with the implementation of the Retail Investment Department marketing plan through the active management of a customer information file and database. Prepare sales proposals and investment management presentations for Raymond James Financial Services using Raymond James software programs, database information, and graphics packages. Schedule appointments with clients. Provide stock quotes and account information to inquiring customers.
5. Support Wealth officers by preparing correspondence to clients, attorneys, accountants, and beneficiaries communicating respective activity in their account by the department in its legal capacity. Assist as needed with financial/wealth planning preparation and analysis, completion, and entry of client discovery documentation in appropriate planning systems.
6. Prepare for client progress meetings. Review notes and action items from all previous meetings with client. Ensure all outstanding action items have been completed, including, updates to the client’s assets and cash flows. Consult with subject matter experts to ensure meeting specific documents are current.
7. Reconcile monthly broker/dealer fee, expense, and commission reports. Produce quarterly call reports. Track account reviews, account acceptance, and closings for audit purposes. Maintain a complete and current file of account applications, forms, prospectuses, and sales literature.
8. Provide administrative assistance in the performance of WMS as a trust beneficiary for irrevocable funeral trusts, including the timely completion and submission of benefit claim forms, contact with insurance companies and funeral service providers, coordination of payments and resolving problem claims.
9. Assist in preparation of Initial 60-day reviews and Annual Administrative and Investment reviews for various Trust & Investment officers. Ability to read basic trust documents.
10. Act in accordance with FBT policies and procedures as set forth in the employee handbook.
11. Adhere to compliance procedures and participate in required compliance training.
First Bank & Trust is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Read our complete Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement(Opens in a new Window). Applicants who would like to request reasonable accommodation to the application or interview process should call Human Resources at 800.843.1552 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.