November 10, 2022
Location: Brookings, SD
This person provides daily operational, audit and compliance support functions for the department. This person is primarily responsible for operational support, regulatory reporting and review, vendor management, tax oversight and audit/exam requirements.
QualificationsThis person should have an associate degree plus four years of related experience or the equivalent. Excellent oral and written communications skills are required as well as an attention to detail. Experience with a bank, wealth management group, trust company, law firm or brokerage firm is preferred. Knowledge, or the ability to learn a basic understanding of stocks, bonds, and mutual funds; tax concepts; interpreting financial statements. Must be able to make decisions independently, while balancing multiple priorities and meeting deadlines.
1. Complete all retail CD functions for WMS Fiduciary Accounts. Manage Real Estate property for proper valuations and appraisals as required by policies and procedures. Track and update systems for annual price adjustments.
2. Complete all required regulatory reporting, including RC-T, SEC and Regulation R Testing.
3. Oversee Fee Processing for Trust and Investment Accounts. Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual billings. Manage bills that are direct mail and provide reporting to officers for confirmation of direct debit. Track and collect any outstanding fees.
4. Assist with WMS operational work as needed to support Accounts Payable and Receivable functions based upon needs of the department. Review, prioritize, and process daily work to meet deadlines and goals; monitor work in progress, making adjustments as needed.
5. Support WMS Operations Manager in Vendor Management Review and reporting for all core and non-core systems related to Trust Accounting, Tax Reporting and Income Reallocation, Custody Services, Trading and ERISA applications.
6. Support Chief Wealth Management Officer in preparation of all required audit and exam information, including data pulls, requests, and uploads. Track all outstanding items for proper completion and reporting to Internal Audit and respective committees.
7. Set up new users with proper permissions and assignments. Trouble shoot client support calls, including assisting clients with the WMS/Black Diamond Client Portal.
8. Participate in the Trust Company business by being part of a team to monitor incoming large receipts and wires for proper deposit and/or trade same day when appropriate.
9. Assist in shadow recordkeeping for the SF Division for large trust entities that need specific trust accounting requirements.
10. Assist in monitoring, and updating as needed, all policies and procedures related to Trust Operations.
11. Act as dual control member of the trust vault.
12. Act in accordance with FBT policies and procedures as set forth in the employee handbook.
13. Adhere to compliance procedures and participate in required compliance training.
First Bank & Trust is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Read our complete Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement(Opens in a new Window). Applicants who would like to request reasonable accommodation to the application or interview process should call Human Resources at 800.843.1552 or email email@example.com.