May 3, 2023
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
This person is responsible for managing a book of client relationships. This person provides administrative and relationship management to qualified retirement plan accounts in accordance with the terms of the governing instruments and state and federal laws.
QualificationsThis person should have a bachelor's degree, plus minimum of five years of related work experience or the equivalent. It is preferred that this person has completed and received certification from an accredited employee benefits school. Knowledge and understanding of laws and regulations governing the administration of Employee Benefit accounts is required. Knowledge of general computer applications and networks is desired. This person should have strong communication skills to enable effective communication and interaction with customers.
1. Perform duties as account officer/relationship manager for qualified retirement accounts to ensure that accounts are administered according to IRS, DOL, and ERISA rules and regulations. Conduct client meetings and communications with management in the plan adoption and ongoing administration of accounts.
2. Arrange and perform on-site employee enrollment and ongoing education meetings for retirement accounts administered. Be familiar with and discuss investments, asset allocation and diversification, and plan design.
3. Assist in the oversight of Employee Benefit record-keeping functions, including required participant and plan sponsor reporting, plan compliance testing, and IRS filings.
4. Have familiarity in Crystal Reports to complete modifications to created participant statements, employer reports, confirmations, and document mail merge and on-demand reports.
5. Assist the plan conversion and/or deconversion team where needed in creating appropriate data entry routines needed to properly import or export plan and participant data. Calculate applicable account balances by fund and source and reconcile accounts with prior trustee records or create conversion files.
6. Assist in conducting sales meetings and presentations to groups to develop new business opportunities.
7. Keep abreast of legislation and regulatory developments necessary to render affecting employee benefit administration.
8. Act in accordance with FBT policies and procedures as set forth in the employee handbook.
- Adhere to compliance procedures and participate in required compliance training.
First Bank & Trust is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Read our complete Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement(Opens in a new Window). Applicants who would like to request reasonable accommodation to the application or interview process should call Human Resources at 800.843.1552 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.