January 4, 2023
Location: Brookings, SD
This person provides new business and existing client support to the Trust division of the Wealth Management Services Department/Group in a professional manner. This person will also provide administrative support for the Trust and Investment Officers.
This person should have a minimum of an associate’s degree, plus four years of related work experience or the equivalent. Experience with a bank, wealth management group, trust company, law firm or brokerage firm is preferred. Knowledge, or the ability to learn a basic understanding of legal trust documents; stocks, bonds, and mutual funds; tax concepts; interpreting financial statements; and assisting with client distributions. Excellent oral and written communications skills and attention to detail are required. Advanced knowledge of Excel and Word is needed. Must be able to make decisions independently, while balancing multiple priorities and meeting deadlines.
1. Establish and maintain all support areas of Trust and Estate account administration, sales activities, and relationship management, while managing a majority of the relationship activities for smaller accounts.
2. Support trust officers by preparing correspondence to clients, attorneys, accountants and beneficiaries communicating respective activity in their account by the department in its legal capacity.
3. Coordinate the preparation and opening of new client accounts and related paperwork, along with participating in client meetings as needed. Assist with gathering information for such meetings and presentations.
4. Provide administrative assistance in the performance of WMS as a trust beneficiary for irrevocable funeral trusts, including the timely completion and submission of benefit claim forms, contact with insurance companies and funeral service providers, coordination of payments and resolving problem claims.
5. Work in a rotation to process and distribute mail in a timely manner. Prepare a daily log of all incoming assets including cash and non-cash items, physical securities, insurance policies, contracts and miscellaneous assets in accordance with procedures.
6. Assist as needed with financial/wealth planning such as spreadsheet preparation and analysis, completion, and entry of client discovery documentation in appropriate planning systems.
7. Assist in preparation of Initial 60-day reviews and Annual Administrative and Investment reviews for various Trust & Investment officers. Ability to read basic trust documents.
8. Monitor and manage the coordination of all Fiduciary and Personal tax returns for WMS clients. Deliver tax ledgers to appropriate preparers, coordinate signatures and tax payments as necessary.
9. Maintain and update the client database for future appointments as Trustee and Personal Representative as well as pipeline management. Prepare customer account statements for officer review and mailing.
10. Meet with bank customers in support of Custodial IRA Services. Prepare and process custodial IRAs and disclosures on the Jack Henry Streamline application including processing of new accounts, contributions and distributions. Act as a dual member in the posting and reconciliation process of all IRA transactions across all FB&T locations. Verify accuracy of posting and resolve any discrepancies.
11. Serve as primary client liaison for trust and wealth management customers.
12. Assist in all areas of WMS as assigned by the SVP.
13. Act in accordance with FBT policies and procedures as set forth in the employee handbook.
14. Adhere to compliance procedures and participate in required compliance training.
First Bank & Trust is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Read our complete Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement(Opens in a new Window). Applicants who would like to request reasonable accommodation to the application or interview process should call Human Resources at 800.843.1552 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.