Date: April 29, 2015
Location: Brookings, SD (East or Main) or Sioux Falls, SD (I229)
Supervisor: Audit Committee
Overall Functions: This person will perform a wide range of audits including more complex ones, evaluate the internal control structure, assess compliance with laws, regulations, Bank policies and procedures, develop appropriate audit programs, perform tests, and prepare reports. This person will communicate audit findings to affected personnel and appropriate levels of management. This person will have primary responsibility for communication with the Audit Committee regarding the Audit Plan and related reports. This person will lead/mentor more junior staff in complex audits.
Qualifications: This person should have a Bachelor’s degree in a related business field plus a minimum of five years of audit experience or the equivalent. The designation of Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Public Accountant or relevant certification from at least one bank trade association is required. This person should have a strong understanding of auditing standards, accounting principles, banking, and regulatory compliance and demonstrate an ability to work well independently. Good oral and written communication skills are required. This person should also have an above average knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
1. Develop annual audit plans utilizing the Audit Universe and Risk Assessment. Recommend annual audit schedule to the Audit Committee. Plan the scope of scheduled audits and prepare the audit program based on an assessment of relative risk in each area.
2. Independently perform audit fieldwork in various areas including:
(a) evaluating the internal control system;
(b) assessing compliance with laws and regulations:
(c) performing applicable tests of the procedures, accounts, and transactions;
(d) developing workpapers in accordance with departmental standards;
(e) reviewing workpapers of more junior staff and
(f) evaluating the results.
3. Prepare the audit reports and communicate with affected personnel and appropriate levels of management. Present audit reports and findings to the Audit Committee.
4. Design and oversee the execution of annual FDICIA control testing. Prepare reports on test results and communicate with affected personnel and appropriate levels of management. Develop follow-up test plans when necessary to validate management’s correction of control lapses.
5. Maintain a current knowledge of developments applicable to the position in the areas of auditing, banking, regulatory compliance, and technology.
6. Act in accordance with FFC policies and procedures as established and set forth in the employee handbook.
7. Adhere to compliance procedures and participate in required compliance training and other training as required by supervisor.
EOE/AA/Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
In order to better assist you, we will need to gather some information. Please fill out the information below and click the Start Chat button to talk to a Customer Service Representative.
Please note our chat support is available
Monday - Friday: 7:30 am - 6:00 pm
Saturday: 8:00 am - Noon
You are now leaving BANKeasy.com.
While we offer this link for your convenience, please note that we are not responsible for the content provided by third-party websites. We encourage you to review the policies of any website prior to sharing personal information to ensure privacy and security.