Customer Service Representative I
1. Perform paying and receiving teller functions and daily proof operations. Handle all transactions pertaining to cash, cash items, checking and savings deposits, cashiers checks/money orders, savings bonds and various types of payments, in accordance with bank policy. Maintain sufficient cash drawer funds to provide timely customer service, balance the drawer and day’s transactions according to established policies and procedures. Research teller offages and report finding to supervisor and/or accounting. Submit daily work on electronic proof system as well as be responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of electronic proof computer system.
2. Act as Vault/ATM Teller, maintain daily vault balancing records and coordinate selling/ordering of coin & currency. Maintain an efficient and clean teller/vault work area; maintain supply of traveler’s cheques, cashiers checks and other transactional supplies necessary to process work.
3. Develop and service deposit account relationships. Accept and verify information relating to the opening of new accounts, in accordance with First Bank & Trust,. procedures and guidelines
4. Determine if applicant qualifies for the ATM/Debit card, issue new ATM/POS cards, and perform maintenance on customer cards as needed, notify customer of revoked or denied cards according to bank policy and procedure.
5. Recommend and cross sell bank products and services to new and existing customers; identifying the needs of those customers through actively communicating & listening to assist in growing and strengthening their relationship with the bank. Make referrals to other associates for development of new accounts and loans or other services. Respond to and resolve inquires on a timely basis, or refer customers to the appropriate department.
6. Back up to lead receptionist duties, answer the phone and greet lobby customers, directing them to the appropriate associate to assist them.
7. Attempt to contact account owners of dormant savings, checking and official checks before reporting and sending the funds to the state Treasurer under the Abandoned Property Law.
8. Assist with miscellaneous office duties; filing, assist with mailings, customer follow-up, end of day duties, etc.
9. Provide administrative support to Community President and loan officers.
10. Act in accordance with FFC policies and procedures as set forth in the employee handbook.
11. Adhere to compliance procedures and participate in required compliance training.