WMS Operations Officer
1. Direct the planning, development, and implementation of necessary policies and procedures as changes occur in the trust industry and ensure audit regulations are being met at all times in regards to accounting and operational standards. (This shall include but are not limited to client and statement disclosures, Rule 22c-2, OFAC/FINCEN, OBO/NOBO, bond amortization/accretion, file retention and destruction, unclaimed benefits and escheat requirements).
2. Reviews and recommends new methods and procedures to make daily operations more efficient. (Enhance Process Management, Performance Measurement Reporting, and Shareholder Communications)
3. Assists in coordinating with outside vendors and other bank departments to solve technical problems and develop new systems. (These shall include but are not limited to SunGard Trust, Bank of New York, Fidelity Brokerage, Portfolio Account Link, Proxy Trust). Maintains relationships with outside agents to keep informed of changes and updates.
4. Responsible for evaluating and resolving all day to day operational and system problems that may arise in such areas as software installation, internet access to trust customers, system security, system upgrades, and data communication with customers.
5. Manages all systems software (Wall Street Concepts) relative to taxation for Trust Department prepares all necessary tax and information returns for Trusts, IRA’s and individuals. Also ensures IRS compliance is met for Trust tax information reporting from a technical and filing requirement standpoint.
6. Handles client requests at the direction of and in the absence of the account officers within defined authority.
7. Provides support and training to Administrative, Sales and Officer Staff in the use of system accounting software and related programs.
8. Research inquiries from customers and bank personnel to resolve any problems and ensure customer satisfaction.
9. Responsible for the response to, the follow-up of corrective action, and the coordination of all internal and external audits related to Trust Operations.
10. Review various periodicals, government publications and industry reports to keep abreast of legislation, regulatory rulings, market conditions and trends affecting debt and equity securities and the placement, marketing and administration thereof.
11. Act in accordance with FFC policies and procedures as set forth in the employee handbook.
12. Adhere to compliance procedures and participate in required compliance training.