Canton Bank History
The Canton branch of First Bank & Trust traces its origins back to 1899, when it opened in Fairview, South Dakota, as Fairview State Bank. The bank charter moved to Canton in June of 1975. It continued to operate the Fairview location as a branch through 1999, and also had a branch in Worthing for several years.
The first bank building in Canton was located across the street to the southwest of the county courthouse. Our current facility at 402 East 5th Street was constructed in 1979.
In April of 2006, ownership was transferred to Fishback Financial Corporation and the name was changed to First Bank & Trust.