Madison Bank History
The Madison Branch of First Bank & Trust was started in 1896 as Citizens National Bank. Over the years it went through several name and location changes before moving to its present location on Egan Avenue (Main Street) in 1980. In 1998 the bank added trust powers and changed its name to First American Bank & Trust.
In April of 2006 the bank joined the Fishback Financial Corporation and became known as First Bank & Trust. Today, we have 10 employees serving the needs of Madison customers on a daily basis.
In addition to the bank, First Bank & Trust operates FirstLine Funding Group in Madison. FirstLine Funding Group began in February of 2009 in the lower level of the bank. Since then, it has grown to more than 40 employees and is now based in the Heartland Technology building in Madison.