White Bank History
First Bank & Trust in White began operation on April 2, 1902 as First National Bank of White. The bank is one of the few that survived the depression. The bank’s history traces back to 1886 when the Holden family established themselves in the banking business in White. Ralph Holden, the bank president until 1965, was in the first graduating class of White High School. In January 1913, the bank acquired Farmers National Bank, also located in White. First Bank & Trust has been the only bank in White since 1926 when White State Bank was closed by the Department of Banking and Finance.
The original bank building was built in 1900. This building became structurally unsound, and the present bank was built on the same location in 1992.
The bank became part of the Fishback family in July, 1977 when Robert Fishback purchased the bank from Arthur Graslie. The bank ownership transferred to Fishback Financial Corporation in August of 1994.