- What do I need to do each qualification cycle to receive the easyGROW Checking rewards?
- Make ten (10) purchases with our Visa Debit card. (Purchases must be posted, not pending. ATM transactions excluded.)
- Ensure one (1) posted Direct Deposit or Automatic Payment occurs from your account.
- Enroll in Online Statements to receive your statements electronically. You can save them to your computer and view them whenever you like.
- What happens if I do not meet these qualifications for rewards?
Your checking account is still free, and you can start over next cycle to earn the rewards. Interest will be paid at the base rate of 0.05% APY on your entire balance, and you will not receive ATM fee refunds in months when you do not meet the qualifications.
- If I meet the qualifications, when will I receive my rewards?
Interest is paid monthly and posted on the last day of the statement cycle. Unlimited ATM fees worldwide will be refunded to you at the end of your statement cycle.
- How will I know that I have qualified for my rewards at the end of the cycle?
You can log in to Online Banking to review your account activity and confirm that you have met the account qualifications at any time.
On the last day of the statement cycle, you will receive an email stating whether or not you met the qualifications for that cycle.
- If I miss my qualifications by only one debit transaction, can I call in and get my high interest rate and ATM refunds anyway?
No. Unfortunately, we cannot make exceptions to this. However, you will still earn 0.05% APY.
- Are there any monthly service fees?
No. There are no monthly service fees on our easyGROW Checking accounts. Other fees may apply based on your account activity and other services you request. These fees may include paper statement fees, account research assistance, replacement card fees, NSF returned item fees, overdraft item fees and stop payment fees. We will provide you with a detailed fee schedule when we open your account. Please review it carefully before using your account.
- What is the qualification cycle?
The qualification cycle normally starts on the fourth Tuesday of every month and ends on the business day prior to the fourth Tuesday of the following month. View the qualification calendar.
Exception: If a federal holiday falls on the business day prior to the fourth Tuesday of the month, the qualification cycle will end on the business day prior to that federal holiday.
- Do automatic transfers between accounts held at First Bank & Trust qualify as a Direct Deposit or Automatic Payment?
No, transfers between accounts held at First Bank & Trust do not qualify as a Direct Deposit or Automatic Payment.
- If I use my Visa® Debit card at an ATM, will that transaction count towards my qualifications?
No. Only POS (point-of-sale) transactions count, and they must be posted to, not just pending on, your easyGROW Checking account.
- What is a “settled transaction”?
A settled transaction is one that has posted to your account. When you use your Visa Debit card, the merchant places a memo hold on your account in the amount of your purchase. It may take several days before the transaction posts or clears.
- Is there a minimum balance requirement in order to receive my rewards?
- What is the minimum opening deposit for an easyGROW Checking account?
- Are there residency requirements for the account?
- May I open more than one easyGROW Checking account?
No. Each primary account holder may open only one easyGROW Checking account.