We Invest in Our Employees
Our communities have contributed to the success of our business and our families. In turn, this allows us to contribute to the success of our communities. We have remained an independent community institution over the years and employ almost 700 people. Our employees are like family (they’re also part owners). Not only is working for us rewarding, but you’ll also be a part of a positive culture and company that gives back to the community.
We strongly believe in promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout the organization and the community. We are committed to building a workforce with diverse backgrounds and experiences because allowing employees to bring their best selves to work is the right thing to do.
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits
- Peace of mind when it comes to your and your family’s well-being with generous health, dental, vision, and life insurance. Plus, optional access to extra life, disability, and other forms of insurance.
- 401(k) & ESOP profit sharing
- Employees are owners. And receive a match of up to 7% of your contributions to your retirement account.
- Wellness program
- The Healthy Way program incentivizes gym membership and hosts educational programs and challenges throughout the year.
- Student loan repayment assistance program
- Tuition reimbursement
- A robust internal training program that goes beyond onboarding. We want you to continue learning. That’s why we offer job shadowing, a mentorship program, and more.
- Volunteer service hours
- Paid time to volunteer. Employees get 16 hours to take part in and donate their time to local charities.
- In-house daycare
- Kid’s World daycare in Brookings is available for the children and grandchildren of employees.
We value our culture and work hard to keep it top of mind at all times. Employees rally around nine core principles, creating a collaborative and enjoyable work experience for all. During the onboarding process, all new employees attend a culture camp, which is led by the CEO and the Chairman of the Board.
Work for Us
Our employees enjoy working together and treat each other (and customers) like family. Check out our career opportunities, and join a company that cares about its people and community.
First Bank & Trust is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Read our complete Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement. Applicants who would like to request reasonable accommodation to the application or interview process should call Human Resources at 800-843-1552 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.