- Keep your software and operating system updated.
- Keep your firewall turned on.
- Don’t click on links or pop-ups that appear suspicious.
- Take extra caution when using public Wi-Fi.
- Take extra caution when using a public or shared computer.
- Don’t open attachments, click on links, or respond to emails that come from unknown, suspicious senders.
- Don’t respond to urgent emails that request personal information.
- Always log off of your email account when done.
- Always put a password on your home screen if it is an option.
- If selling or purchasing a new phone, always delete all information off the old phone.
- Don’t store personal information, including IDs and passwords, on your mobile device.
- Keep the operating system updated.
- Never use your social security number (full or partial) as a user ID or password.
- Do not use the same user ID and password for multiple sites.
- Change your passwords regularly.
- Do not share or write down your passwords.
- Limit the amount of personal information that is shared through social media sites.
- Know who your friends are on social media sites.
- Don’t click on links that are sent from unknown users through social media.