March 15, 2023
A trend has been identified involving SMS text messages. Customers are reporting receiving an SMS text claiming their First Bank & Trust account has been locked or suspended. The SMS message instructs the recipient to click a hyperlink that is believed to be malicious. The SMS may look similar to the following:
Do not click any link and do not provide any information. This is a phishing attempt and any information shared should be considered compromised.
If you have questions regarding the status of your account, please call our Contact Center team directly at 800.843.1552.
Ways to Identify Phishing Attempts:
- Correspondence is unexpected and contains a sense of urgency.
- Offer comes from an unknown entity with whom you have no previous relationship.
- Contact information on correspondence does not align with published and trusted contact information for the business it appears to be coming from.
- Account number cited on correspondence does not match your actual account number.
- Sensitive information is requested, such as usernames, passwords, financial information, personal information, etc.