Effective October 12, 2023, a new feature will launch in Digital Banking that allows you to link and display external financial accounts on the Digital Banking dashboard. You can link accounts like checking and savings from another bank, credit cards, investment accounts, and loans. This feature gives you visibility to the balances and transactions for accounts from other financial institutions, all within one tool.
Can I hide an account on my dashboard if it's linked in Spending Habits, and I don't want to see it on the dashboard?
No, external accounts will automatically appear on the Digital Banking dashboard, if they are linked in Spending Habits.
How do I unlink an external account?
- Log in to Digital Banking.
- From dashboard, at the end of the accounts list, select the account they want to unlink.
- Select the gear icon in the top right-hand corner.
- Select "Manage your accounts".
- Select "Next" on the secure Finicity, a Mastercard company, pop-up page.
- Select "Review" under "Bank connections" at the top of the page, then the account you want to unlink.
- Select "Remove bank", and then confirm the action.
- You can then "Close" the Finicity pop-up page.
The external financial institution I'm trying to link is not showing up when I search for it. How do I add it?
- Navigate to Spending Habits in the Digital Banking left-hand menu.
- Select "Help" from the Spending Habits menu.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and submit a Support Request, selecting "Request to add a financial institution" from the drop-down menu.
How often is account information updated?
Account information updates upon log in, and a time stamp will display on each account. If it’s been longer than three hours since the account information was last updated, manually refresh the app or page.
Will a joint accountholder be able to see my external account information?
Will I be able to transfer money between my external accounts?
No. Linking external accounts allows customers to view account details in one place, but this feature is read-only and not set up for money transfers. Neither the customer nor First Bank & Trust can initiate transfers or action on a linked external account.
Does First Bank & Trust use a third-party to provide aggregation services?