October 3, 2023
Location: Sioux Falls, SD or Brookings, SD or Edina, MN or Roseville, MN
This person reviews loans in accordance with the bank’s Loan Policy and Guidelines. This person should have a strong understanding of all types of commercial and agricultural credits, including those that are moderately complex, along with the ability to make recommendations on how to minimize the bank’s exposure and ensure that lending practices conform to established policy.
This person should have a bachelor’s degree, plus six years of work-related experience or the equivalent. This individual should be able to analyze more complex credits. Good communication skills, an aptitude toward detail, and in-depth understanding all Loan Policy and Guidelines.
1. Analyze and risk rate credit lines requiring Loan Committee review and critique the credit classifications assigned by the Loan Officers. The analysis must be consistent with the findings of the appropriate regulatory agencies.
2. Assist the Credit Analyst Manager and/or Senior Credit Review Officer in training new staff and coordinating various activities for the department, including month-end reporting of classified loans, loan limit monitoring, and real estate loan-to-value and other regulatory reporting.
3. Review loan files as advances are made to ensure they qualify within the structure, documentation, and credit quality standards of the bank's Loan Policy and Guidelines.
4. Present loan files or credit lines not meeting the standards of the bank's Loan Policy and Guidelines to the Credit Analyst Manager with a detailed explanation of the credit exceptions and the recommended action necessary to correct the deficiencies and improve the bank's position.
5. In the event of minor technical documentation discrepancies or identified potential credit weakness, communicate directly with the Loan Officer, requesting correction of the discrepancies and recommending alternatives for improving the credit lines. Perform follow-up action as necessary until corrected.
6. Attend the bank's Loan Committee meetings where credit lines are presented to the Loan Committee for final approval, recommended action, and classification.
7. As required, perform services and projects for affiliate banks including compiling Board reports, coordinating the review of loan files, and testing loan underwriting guidelines.
8. Attend loan department and other committee meetings as requested by management to participate in decisions that affect ongoing and future operations of the loan department.
9. Act in accordance with FFC policies and procedures as set forth in the employee handbook.
10. Adhere to compliance procedures and participate in required compliance training.
First Bank & Trust is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Read our complete Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement(Opens in a new Window). Applicants who would like to request reasonable accommodation to the application or interview process should call Human Resources at 800.843.1552 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.